Question : Problem: Customized common dialogs don't work.

Hi everybody,

I'm developer in a small software company - we develop a CAD like Windows-application (Visual C++ 6.0 with MFC).

In this application we die customize some common windows dialogs like 'File Open', 'File Save', 'Printer settings' a.s.o.

Now we found that some customers which use Citrix Metaframe can't use these customized dialogs: Whenever they open one of these there appears a message with the meaning that this action isn't allowed on that computer, the Admin should be contacted (Sorry, I only have a german error message: 'Dieser Vorgang wurde aufgrund von Einschraenkungen abgebrochen, die fuer diesen Computer gelten. Wenden Sie sich an den Systemadministrator')

Still I don't know if this is a Citrix-related problem or i.e. could be caused by Window's Policies or something else - only thing I know is that this customer is the first one who has this problems and there it only happens with Citrix.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

ZOPPO

Answer : Problem: Customized common dialogs don't work.

Is the Citrix server they are using a member server or a ad role machine (pdc or bdc) ?

Citrix used to be installable on active directory machines, but since the permissions on them are tighter and it is generally considered a security risk to let users use your active directory machines, the new idea is not to even allow citrix to run on these type of servers.

Have the users made into power users and test.

-gsgi
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us