Question : Problem: real time backup of a desktop PC

Hello

I want to be able to take real time backups of a machine that is used to record video footage.

The machine is based in a hotel and if they ever have a break in it's the first thing they try to destroy (obviously) so what we want to do is have the footage from that machine backed up to a second location.

It will need to be real time as these things happen pretty fast.  The backups will also have to be sent to another location within the premises.

I've thought about having the info move over the LAN to another desktop PC i.e. using Acronis or some other disk imaging product but not sure this will work.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Answer : Problem: real time backup of a desktop PC

Hi, i think i'll close this off.  We went with Acronis Echo but still not entirely happy with the solution.  The reason being is they truly need real-time backup to a device or other machine.

With any imaging software there is always going to be at least 5 minutes delay and the average robbery is less than 3 minutes.  That's not enough time to ensure the video that is backed up actually contains footage of the robbery and any subsequent destruction of the machine would result in total loss of security footage.

In regards to QuinTain's comments, the machine is hidden somewhere obscure in the hotel so this really is a worst case scenario backup.

Thanks all for helping.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us