Question : Problem: Hard Drive: Accidental Partial Reformat, Cannot Boot to it... How Do I Recover Files?

I was using the XP Pro install CD to get into my computer and delete the second partition on my hard drive.  In the process, I managed to choose to Upgrade my installation instead of choosing a New Installation, and my computer proceeded to try to upgrade my Windows installation.  Now my computer won't boot.  It will start and then 5 seconds later restart again.  This becomes a continuous cycle.  I can put the CD back in and redo the Windows installation completely, but I would like to know if I can recover the files before I do that.  One idea I had is to buy another hard drive and make this hard drive that I have into a second hard drive that I can access once I boot onto the new hard drive.  I have no idea if this is possible, so I have come here to see if anyone has any other ideas.  I appreciate any help you can give.

Answer : Problem: Hard Drive: Accidental Partial Reformat, Cannot Boot to it... How Do I Recover Files?

yeah you can boot from new HDD and recover old HDD data's , if any thing exist . If you lost all the data from old HDD then you can go for recovery software .
http://www.download.com/EasyRecovery-Professional/3000-2248_4-10309798.html

good luck.!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us