Question : Problem: Setting up multiple WIRELESS ACCESS POINTS.  One public, one private off of one static IP.

Here is the situation.

Customer has a DSL line with static IP address.  I need to setup two wireless access points, ( I assume).

One wireless AP will serve the private network, IE, the employees will access the network/internet.
The Second AP will serve the public.  basic Internet.

Here is my question.  do I take the static IP, put it into the internal WAP, lock it , encrypt it and set it to DHCP in the 192.168.0.0 range then take one of the addresses from the Internal WAP, such as 192.168.0.2, put that as the IP in the Public WAP and then set that to dish out public DHCP in a 90.0.0.0 range with no encryption?
Will this work?
I have never attempted it but think it should do the trick.  Any help would be appreciated, other ideas, etc.
Thanks
TechNuts

Answer : Problem: Setting up multiple WIRELESS ACCESS POINTS.  One public, one private off of one static IP.

It should work.
Just like you said, with some additionals to help you out:
1.) Make sure to set aside an IP for the "Public" router on the "Private" scope (or you can leave this dynamic, I prefer an assigned IP because I'll know how to find the router without searching around)
2.) Set the Gateway on the "public" Wireless router to be the IP of the "Private" router (ex: 192.168.0.1)
3.) Set the IP address (assignment for the ROUTER itself) on the "public" router as 192.168.0.2 (or whatever you set aside as it's IP on the "Private" router
4.) Assign a DHCP scope which is different from the "Private" network (you've already mentioned this!)

This should keep the two networks logically separate.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us