Question : Problem: Canon DR-5020 on Vista not working

I have an old but reliable Canon DR-5020 scanner that I've recently moved to a new Vista workstation.  And thus the problem begins.

Vista 32bit workstation on Dell Optiplex 755
Adaptec AHA-2930cu SCSI adapter in BIOS shows scanner fine as ID:0
SCSI shows fine in Windows Device Driver
Scanner shows up under "other devices" in Windows Device Driver as Canon DR-5020 SCSI Scanner Device, but does not have any driver details.
After windows loads it comes up with the Found New Hardware wizard.
The Scanners & Cameras applet in the Windows Control Panel does NOT have the scanner listed.

CapturePerfect 3.0 (& the upgrades) have been installed, but the Found New Hardware wizard continues to come up and the scanner is still unusable inside of the CapturePerfect software.
Attempts to load an old driver from the file d551mux.exe have populated the right scanner as a selection in the CapturePerfect sofware, but selecting that scanner throws us to an immediate blue screen.  I'd give you BSOD details, but it restarts so fast I haven't gotten them down.
Before loading the d551mux driver file the "select scanner" box was empty in CapturePerfect.

Is the scanner driver supposed to be installed with the CapturePerfect software?
If it is, then why doesn't it work and why does Windows keep bringing up the New Hardware Wizard.  
Has anyone gotten a 5020 to work on a Vista system?

Answer : Problem: Canon DR-5020 on Vista not working

And also, take a look at this table. Unfortunately there are no drivers listed for Vista:

http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/index.jsp?fuseaction=support&prod_type=document_scanner&page=download

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us