Question : Problem: Cable Modem Recycling On It's Own

I have a cable modem from TWC/Road Runner.  I believe it's Motorola, but could be wrong (it's at home and I'm at work).

Every fifteen minutes or so it resets itself.  It's been doing this for about a year, but never been a huge issue, just an annoyance.  If I'm surfing, I might have to wait an extra 30 seconds.  If I'm DL'ing, it's not long enough to drop the connection.  But  now I'm playing World of Warcraft and it's become a maddening experience.  WoW apparently doesn't retry a ping.  If the connection is lost for a few seconds, I get dumped out of the game.

I will be replacing the cable modem, but I'm wondering if anyone else had had the problem, if you know what causes it, and how to prevent it in the future.  I don't think it's a heat related issue.  There's plenty of air circulation where the modem is located.

Answer : Problem: Cable Modem Recycling On It's Own

Clif,

Sounds like a part or in your modem is intermittent.  It loses its connection and modem reset.  You have been fortunate that the part has not completely fail.  Get a new modem.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us