Question : Problem: Installing Windows 2000 on a Netfinity Server w/ SCSI hotswap drives - Cannot format

Hi there,

I'm trying to install Windows 2000 on a Netfinity server w/ 5 SCSI drives. I am definitly new to SCSI. I get through creating partitions on the drives with Windows setup program, but when I goto format for NTFS, the setup program gives me the error asking me turn on the hard drives, or make sure the SCSI drives are terminated. To my knowledge, the hotswap drives in the server are terminated already, and I don't have to do anything special. If you could give me an Idea here, I would be forever grateful.

Thanks,
Sean

Answer : Problem: Installing Windows 2000 on a Netfinity Server w/ SCSI hotswap drives - Cannot format

I use the netfinity 5500 and the x250 at work, and have never had scsi driver issues. Did you configure the server raid controler? You can download a bootable image for the server raid controler at ibm.com, use that first.
you have to decide how you want to configure the drives and partitions first.
do you want raid 0, all the drives using maximum space with no redundancy
raid 1, mirrored drives, use only 2 at a time like that
raid 5 or 5e so all 5 are used and can be stripped, or use a hot spare or both but you lose space that way.
Are all 5 drives just the os or some for storage?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us