Question : Problem: Trying to push out SCCM 2007 client, but failing

Looking for a basic guide to pushing out SCCM2007 clients and setting up child/site servers.

Answer : Problem: Trying to push out SCCM 2007 client, but failing

Whoam,

How many sites and how well connected are they? How many primary servers do you have?

You can use the client push from the central/primary servers, but I find this only works well with sites which are well connected.

In my experience, setting a startup script as part of your GPO applied to all sites to install the client is a better method. Stick the client in a path that can be accessed from all sites (Sysvol is an option, but probably not ideal) and fire up this script to deploy the client to your desktops as they reboot.

Here is a good article on writing a startup script to achieve this: http://www.myitforum.com/articles/8/view.asp?id=10774

Random Solutions  
  •  Problem: ERROR: failed to update profile list. profile database in use. please wait for intel proset/wireless to update the profile list.
  •  Problem: Apple, Airport Extreme how to connect to remote office microsoft small business server
  •  Problem: Home folders not mapping for everyone on Windows 2003 terminal server
  •  Problem: Laptop to desktop connection via firewire..where are the drivers?
  •  Problem: Is it possible to isolate a tape in backup exec for specific job with a tape Library
  •  Problem: Windows XP Pro-sp2 does not recognize my Kingston Data Traveler 2.0 pendrive
  •  Problem: Ghost 2003 .. drive no longer shows up.
  •  Problem: Backup Exec fails with DR Watson error. Bengine.exe stops
  •  Problem: performance of DDO overlay stripe vs. dedicated controller
  •  Problem: Digital camera problem
  •  
    programming4us programming4us