Question : Problem: Issues with one of my Management Points, please help!

One of my management point servers is currently not functioning properly.  This server had been working until recently. The server currently fails the MP Troubleshooter MPLIST test with the error: The remote server returned an error (500) Internal Server Error.

The mplist website test also comes back with the same error versus the blank page for a properly functioning MP.  The error in the mpcontrol.log is as follows:

Http verification .sms_aut (port 80) failed with status code 500, Internal Server Error SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER 6/2/2008 6:02:11 PM 2412 (0x096C)

I am not sure if it is related, but I also get the following errors in the System log in Event Viewer.  I get this error on alot of different referenced computers.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10009
Date:  6/2/2008
Time:  2:36:48 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: XXXX
Description:
DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer XXXX-VTIKOO using any of the configured protocols.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

So far I have uninstalled the MP - uninstalled IIS - deleted inetpub directory - rebooted - installed IIS - rebooted - reinstalled MP.  I still get the same results.

I did find another DCOM error for IWAM account permissions but I have since corrected that issue and no longer receive that error.

Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I'm not sure where to check next.

Answer : Problem: Issues with one of my Management Points, please help!

Well no replies to this so I might as well answer the issue myself!  After days of troubleshooting, reinstalling MDAC fixed the issue.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us