Question : Problem: should I leave the "enc_GroupPwd" parameter in .pcf file filled in

Experts,
I am configuring connection entries for Cisco VPN client 4.8.1 and am wondering if it is ok to leave the "enc_GroupPwd" parameter filled in on the .pcf file for distrobution. Would this be a security risk?

My cofig looks like this (xxxx means private info):
[main]
Description=XXXXX
Host=XXXXX
AuthType=1
GroupName=XXXXX
GroupPwd=
enc_GroupPwd=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
EnableISPConnect=0
ISPConnectType=1
ISPConnect=
ISPCommand=
Username=
SaveUserPassword=0
UserPassword=
enc_UserPassword=
NTDomain=XXXX
EnableBackup=0
BackupServer=
EnableMSLogon=1
MSLogonType=0
EnableNat=1
TunnelingMode=0
TcpTunnelingPort=XXXXX
CertStore=0
CertName=
CertPath=
CertSubjectName=
CertSerialHash=XXXXX
SendCertChain=0
VerifyCertDN=
DHGroup=2
ForceKeepAlives=0
PeerTimeout=90
EnableLocalLAN=0

Thanks,

Answer : Problem: should I leave the "enc_GroupPwd" parameter in .pcf file filled in

>>"If I bypass my router then I will not be able to connect to my other computers for RDT. "
Sorry, meant just as a test. You mentioned "I don't have a problem through the router; the problem is over the internet". This will confirm the router is the cause of the slow Internet based RDP sessions. If when you connect directly to the modem there is no improvement, then you can look to other issues for the cause of the problem. Though un-likely, it is possible the problem coincidentally started at the time when you changed the router. Never assume :-)

>>"FYI the Netgear router I used before had a speed of 108."
Shouldn't be the issue over the Internet as your Internet connection, the "weakest link", it is connecting at less than 2 mbps. On the LAN it could be an issue.

>>"Any thoughts on DD-WRT firmware would be welcomed."
I haven't worked with the add-on firmware options, I'm sure others can advise you with that, however, DD-WRT will certainly give you more configuration options, but I am doubtful it will give you a noticeable performance improvement with remote desktop.

You might want to update, or re-install the latest firmware for your unit. Linksys is constantly coming up with improvements and changes:
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Content_C1&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1115416835852&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us