Question : Problem: APC UPS battery charge

I have bought APC BE400-GR UPS (400VA 240W) . I need answers to the following questions:

1) Is the battery fully charged when it is new?
2) Do I need to charge it when I plug it in for the first time, and if yes, do I have to charge it without any devices plugged in, or I am allowed to plug in PC and monitor?
3) Do i need to turn it on for battery to charge?
4) on APC web site that battery is charged for 16 hours. Will I receive any notification that the battery is fully charged?

I have tried to plug the UPS for battery charging, with APC turned off. However, both green and red lamps are not lighting. This is the reason why I am asking about the notification when the battery will be full charged, since I don't even know whether it is charging it or not.

Thanks,
Goran

Answer : Problem: APC UPS battery charge

There is no light when it's not on.
Yes solid green is charged.

The two RJ-45 provide surge protection.
The one that says "wall" is the side the surge is expected to come from and the other side is the protected side.
It's really intended to protect a DSL modem from surges coming in from the phone lines (like a lightning strike) but you could use it to add surge protection on anything that runs through a CAT cable. Just remember only one side is protected.
-
They should be RJ-11 (at least in the US) or combo RJ-11/RJ-45 connectors.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us