Question : Problem: Recovery of deleted offline files

Hello,
I recently had a laptop connected to our Server and was utilizing the offline files features. The path of the my documents folder was changed to match the server address. This is where I thought the files now resided. This also allowed me to view these files through terminal services/remote desktop on that server. Offline files were enabled to allow access away from the network.

Here's the problem. I am giving the laptop to a new user, so I first turned off the offline files feature, the computer asked for a restart, so I did. Once back up I saw all the files on the c drive. I then deleted them because I thought they were backed up on the server? Well they are no longer on the server and and have been deleted off the laptop. They went to the recycle bin and I then emptied it.

I did all this because I thought the files were still on the server.

I need those files. How can I get them back. I tried recovery software on the laptop. No luck.

I have searched the forums with no luck. What can I do???

Thanks,
Nathan

Answer : Problem: Recovery of deleted offline files

With the csccmd.exe downloaded to the system32 directory on the machine that has the offline files cached.....

And put the Files back in the Windows\CSC directory....

start>run>cmd.exe

csccmd.exe /extract /target:C:\ExtractedFiles /recurse

Then go to the ExtractedFiles directory, and see whats there. You should see it on screen as it extracts as well....
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us