Question : Problem: Are Toshiba Laptop CPU's  ONLY Vista Compatible ?

Having a 1 Year old Toshiba Laptop that came with Vista,   I am wanting to reformat the hard drive and load Windows XP Professional on it and I am being told by the computer tech that the CPU will only work with VISTA and I never heard of that.    Can I  put XP on my Toshiba Laptop and if so how do I get the XP Drivers for the other components in the laptop ?

Answer : Problem: Are Toshiba Laptop CPU's  ONLY Vista Compatible ?

4ubest - No, there are no CPUs that are only Vista-compatible. Some newer CPUs have functions that XP may not take full advantage of (like being integrated with Trusted Computing Platform), but there is no such thing like CPU only compatible with Vista.

Only thing is that, if it's 64 bit CPU, then to use it's full capabilities you'd need x64 version of Windows XP (which is slightly harder to get), but nonetheless, the only difference would be in the speed of processes like data compression (and this still on condition that the program makes use of 64 bit instructions).

In summary: no CPU exists that is only compatible with Vista. If someone tells you otherwise, they either think you're stupid, or are stupid themselves.
Random Solutions  
  •  Problem: I am having trouble getting a Radeon X1650 Pro graphics card to run properly on my pc.
  •  Problem: I try to open HP Solutions Center.  I receive the message: "No HP devices detected.  HP Solution Center will close now."  One button only appears in the message box, "OK".
  •  Problem: WTF's up with my iSCSI network config ???
  •  Problem: Expert needed for SonicWALL CDP 4440i
  •  Problem: Portable hard drive stop responding
  •  Problem: If I change computer name will SMS update correctly
  •  Problem: Dual Monitor Problems, PCIx16 vs system video
  •  Problem: cannot copy c:\windows\repair\system file in recovery console!!! please help!!!!!
  •  Problem: a disk read error has occured press control alt delete to restart ((already installed new HDD, fresh copy of XP, I have even tried flashing the bios))   STUMPED
  •  Problem: Laptop backlight question...
  •  
    programming4us programming4us