Question : Problem: Gateway Desktop 500 GB seagate HDD replaced with identical HDD that crashed and no longer has power.

Without the recovery CD's I can not perform a system reload. I called Gateway and they indicated that they do not sell recovery CD's. I tried www.myrecoverycds.com. They do not have my particular model.

Does anyone know where I can aquire the O/S recovery disks for this model?

Answer : Problem: Gateway Desktop 500 GB seagate HDD replaced with identical HDD that crashed and no longer has power.

Newbnew, you dont need to have the recovery disks.  An XP or Vista Installation CD will work as long as you have a License key.  Which if it came with the XP OS, should have a Windows XP Pro OEM license key on the case somewhere.  Either the top or side panels....and sometimes the back of the case.

Now you need to boot of the CD....not the hard drives...and not the recovery disks.  You may need to go into the Gateway's bios and set the boot order to boot off the CD before the hard drive.  Also if the System doesnt see Sata hard drives you may be able to go to the bios and change the way the system see's the hard drive.  Sometimes you can default the Sata drive to make it be seen as an IDE. You will need to change the bios Sata controllers to say Legacy IDE or AHCI needs to be turned off I believe...or maybe it was on...I dont quite remember...
But yes, you should be able to CLEAN Boot to a Windows Cd, and install from there.  
Random Solutions  
  •  Problem: Configable processor implemented on FPGA board
  •  Problem: Whenever I plug in my Blackberry to use Desktop Manager, I get "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable":
  •  Problem: How much water can be evaporated?
  •  Problem: How do I image a laptop that is SCSI or SATA using Norton Ghost v11?
  •  Problem: Gateway Desktop 500 GB seagate HDD replaced with identical HDD that crashed and no longer has power.
  •  Problem: laptop fan
  •  Problem: BAckup Software
  •  Problem: Need to find XP drivers for an HP Pavilion A1744x or asus board ABM2N-LA
  •  Problem: What does the "65 nm" in a 65 nm processor measure and is this independent of socket architecture?
  •  Problem: Does anyone have a workaround for an old HP Laserjet 4L to work with a Linksys WPSM54G Print Server?
  •  
    programming4us programming4us