Question : Problem: Compaq Presario r3000 laptop Not charging.

I have a Compaq Presario r3000 laptop.  The power connection in the back seemed flaky and it wasn't taking a charge , so I took it to a tech and he soldered the power connection and it worked for 3 days. I took it back to him and he said he re-solder it. It worked for a day but same old thing happens.  

The laptop won't even run with the power is plugged in.   The battery low light blinks but thats about it.   Will this computer run without the battery plugged in?

I removed the bottom and looked at the connection. I can't seem to find where he soldered the connection.   The connection looks pretty heavy duty so it should last awhile.

The compaq/hp techs say they could probably fix it for $500-$600.  Its a great laptop.  Or can it just be the battery?  The computer is just over 2 yrs old

I've search the similiar questions on the board, and checked out all the links, but I
haven't found anything to help.

Any help would be appreciated.
Paul

Answer : Problem: Compaq Presario r3000 laptop Not charging.

An 80% charge after 30h seems pretty weak to me. Perhaps the power brick /AC adapter is just a bit feeble and can't feed the laptop with enough power to run without the battery to help it. Once the battery is drained it's finished, until you've spent another 30h to charge the battery. I think I would suggest you try another AC adapter if possible.

This is assuming the laptop can run with the 80% charged battery, of course..... If not, you're looking at an entirely different situation.
/RID
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us