Question : Problem: VPN won't work

Today I was called to work on some computers for a company. I thought the problem was simple BUT IT SEEMS even though all the programs work with the router I hooked up today and the company is able to get online when they try to connect to the VPN it gives them an error message such as this :

Cisco Systems VPn client  

Failed to establish a tcp connection 168.166.22.6

Can anyone tell me how to make it so they can use this product even though they are going through a linksys router?  They have win xp 2 home and zone alarm security suite ( if this makes a difference) 4 computers are on a linksys router.  Apparently its the router causing the problem but I've never delt with this before so how can I make it so their VPN works?

All help appreciated. Thank you in advance.

SMcf4

Answer : Problem: VPN won't work

You also have to check the buttons on the router to alllw VPN passthrough and enable ipsec
I think these instructions may be helpful even if not an exact match
login to you router-click on the "Advanced" tab and then click on the "Filters" tab. Every setting from "Block Wan Request" on down should be set to "Disable" EXCEPT for "IPSEC Passthrough" which should be set to "Enable". Click the "Apply" button to register the settings.

6) Click the "Forwarding" tab and enter the ports that you want to forward to your VPN client machine. At the risk of being hacked, my configuration uses ports 10000 and 500 to support the Cicso VPN so I enter "500" in both fields under the "Service Port Range" heading, choose "Both" as the protocol, and then enter the static IP address of my VPN client machine. I did the same thing for port 10000. Do this for each port that needs to be opened up to support VPN. Talk to your VPN admin if you need more help. Once you have all the ports forwarded, click the "Apply" button to save your changes.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us