Question : Problem: CISCO ASA5505 + Linksys Wireless Question

I am trying to set up the following office network scenario.

ISP<--->CABLE MODEM<---->CISCO ASA 5505  (0/0 DHCP outside, 10.30.1.1 inside)
                                                     |
                                                     |-- 0/1   WIRED HOST 1 (DHCP)
                                                     |-- 0/2   WIRED HOST 2 (DHCP)
                                                     |-- 0/3   WIRED HOST 3 (DHCP)
                                                     |-- 0/4   WIRED HOST 4 (DHCP)
                                                     |-- 0/5   WIRED HOST 5 (DHCP)
                                                     |-- 0/6   WIRED HOST 6 (DHCP)
                                                     |-- 0/7   LINKSYS WIRELESS ROUTER (IP 10.30.1.2 Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0)

The scenario is the ASA 5505 is VPN'd into corporate. From my laptop at corporate I can ping the wired host's behind the ASA, but I cannot ping the Linksys wireless router plugged into port 7. I have dhcp turned off on the Linksys. I have a patch cable going from the internal lan port of the ASA to an internal lan port on the Linksys router so that DHCP from the ASA passes to the wireless clients; that works great.

Answer : Problem: CISCO ASA5505 + Linksys Wireless Question

Your configuration looks correct, you likely are not taking advantage of Nat-traversal though on your 5505. Perhaps post your config file here so that someone can take a look at it.

See if icmp echo is turned off on your external/internal interfaces on your linksys router. The standard wrt styles come with at least wan icmp echo blocking enabled.  Can you access the linksys via http but just not ping it?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us