Question : Problem: Change MAC address of access point

Is it possible to change MAC address of access point (I have D Link DWL-900AP+, but I am also interested in general)? When I enter setup there is  Advanced tab where there are some options that involve MAC addresses, but I am not sure what they mean:

Access Point
Wireless client                remote AP MAC       [000000000000] site survey
Wireless bridge              remote bridge MAC [                        ]
Multi-point bridge
Repeater                        remote AP MAC       [                        ]

site survey is the button, [                        ] are the textboxes.

What is the difference between this modes, when would I use each, and whose MAC addresses are these?

Thanks,
Goran

Answer : Problem: Change MAC address of access point

Have you looked through the product's manual?  Because I found this in there:

http://www.retrevo.com/search/v2/jsp/downloadPage.jsp?doc=5afa0f16ae9995fa1a970dc716237661&q=D-link+DWL-900AP

If you use the DWL-900AP+ in Wireless Client or Repeater Mode, make sure that you enter the Ethernet Mac Address (LAN MAC Address) of the unit that you want to extend the wireless coverage.

The DWl-900AP+ can be configured to perform in any one of five modes, as a wireless access point, as a point-to-point bridge with another access point, as a point-to-multi-point bridge, as a wireless client, or as a wireless repeater.

Access Point: This mode is used to create a wireless LAN. Access Point is the
default setting.

Wireless Client: Will transform any IEEE 802.3 Ethernet device into an 802.11b wireless client as
long you are connecting to a DWL-900AP+ acting as an Access Point. The Site Survey function will allow you to scan for available wireless networks.

Wireless Bridge: This mode will allow you to connect two LANs together. The wireless bridge will
only work with another DWL-900AP+.

Multi-point Bridge: This mode will allow you to connect multiple wireless LANs together. Other wireless LANs must be using DWL-900AP+s.

Repeater: This mode will allow you to extend the range of your wireless network. The repeater
mode will work with another D-Link AirPlus DWL-900AP+, DI-614+, DI-714P+, AirPro DI-764, DI-754 (with inserted DWL-650+), or AirPremier DWL-1000AP+.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us