Question : Problem: Modem Driver Problem

I'm using a USR 56K PCI Win Fax Modem model 5699B.   Whenever any user logs on to Windows 7 a pop-up window prompts them to run:  C:\Windows\System32\USRLdr.exe

A second pop-up (UAC window) then asks, "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?"
Program Name: Modem R3 Interface x86
Verified publisher: US Robotics Corporation
File Origin: Downloaded from the Internet
Program Location: C:\Windows\System32\3Cmlink.exe
RunServices\Device\3c1807pd

3COM USR Tech support claims its because Windows 7 is a Beta OS why I have to run the modem loader at every log on and suggested I turn off UAC.  If I turn off UAC, I still get the prompts to run these two files.  If I don't run these two files then I cant send/receive fax or use the modem period.  
Any ideas how to make these two files auto load without prompts?  It gets a bit redundant having to run them at every log on.

Answer : Problem: Modem Driver Problem

If you use the modem and the manufacturer is saying that it's not fully compatible with Win7 then you're unfortunately going to have to live with the prompts.  The UAC control doesn't have a whitelist unfortunately but there are a few ways around it (note, this is for Vista but I have to "assume" it will work with Win7)..

http://www.beingmanan.com/wp/2008/06/create-uac-white-list/

Cheers,

Brian

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us