Question : Problem: Aironet 1200 Series botched firmware upgrade

I recently purchased this aironet 1200 series AP and was upgrading the firmware. It seemed to complete successfully but I am no longer able to access it. Is there a way to reset this to factory defaults?

Answer : Problem: Aironet 1200 Series botched firmware upgrade

Possibly a daft question but as with most devices like this there is a small recessed reset button which you can press with something long, and thin, biro, paperclip, small screwdriver etc anything like that should do the trick.

Power the device up, for a starter ensure it powers up.

if it does with power still attached try pressing the reset button for about 10 seconds and release, does the device show signs of resetting, status led's etc flashing??

if this doesnt work try the same again but for 30 seconds, instead of releasing, turn the unit off, for 30 seconds, and with the reset switch still depressed try turning the unit back on hold for a further 30 seconds is it doing anything??

if you try to access the device through hyper terminal what are you seeing what signs of life or death are there??

If your device shows next to no signs of life there is little chance of recovering it I am afraid and you may have to consult cisco.

regards, and good luck.

Rich
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us