Question : Problem: W98 Operating System not found on dell 7500 laptop - Fan not working

Hello guys,

I have Dell Inspirion 7500 laptop with W98 which is very old. Suddenly I got a black screen w/operating system not found. When I rebooted it's making a loud buzzing sound and at times when rebooting on several occasions I get two different messages 1. operating system not found and 2. pc unexpectedly shutdown due to hardware/software problems do you want to start in safe mode, safe mode w/networkng etc. I thought it might be a HD problem but when I inspected the laptop the fan is not working! Could this be the problem. Please let me know what I can do. Much appreciated!

Alex

Answer : Problem: W98 Operating System not found on dell 7500 laptop - Fan not working

Defnitely.
It could be overheating.
I would suggest removing the hard drive and using either a USB to 2.5"" IDE converter to access the data, or getting a 2.5" to 3.5" IDE  adapater so that you can plug it in to any desktop as a slave drive ( instead of a CDROM or jumper as slave )

I would also download the Maint. manual from Dell and see if you want to open it up and try to replace/ clean the fan.

I hope this helps !
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us