Question : Problem: Apple TV Streaming from Synced Computer Says "loading owner's library" and just keeps saying it, nothing happens.

I have a apple TV that is synced to my computer I know you can stream from the same computer however when I choose Load Owner's Libary from the source menu it just displays "Loading Owner's Libary on the TV and has the circle like it is working, however I left it on for 10 hours and still says the same thing. I have 300GB of Itunes movies, music, tv shows and such and it will not all fit on the Apple TV obviously so I would like to stream it.
I have already tried turning off my firewall thinking that was it, but still just says Loading Owner's Libary and never does.
Any ideas? Thanks

Answer : Problem: Apple TV Streaming from Synced Computer Says "loading owner's library" and just keeps saying it, nothing happens.

Well, actually I am going to back off a tad on the sync/stream exclusivity issue. That is what Apple said. There is a guy in this forum thread who claims it can do both: http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/feedback/apple_tv_user_reports.html
This was his post: "Response to Andy's post (earlier) about Sync vs. Stream:

"Major issue to me: iTunes allows you to either Sync the contents of your library OR stream the contents. If you set up your iTunes to Sync the contents, only the content that is actually synced over is available for playback on the Apple TV. This is really quite limiting and is not all that clear in the Apple KB article or Apple TV marketing materials: Import, Sync, or Stream Your Content to Apple TV
      I had thought that iTunes would sync whatever it could fit (or you set it to sync) and then allow you to stream the other content."

This is incorrect. Actually the computer you sync with is simultaneously available for streaming as Andy wants. If you go to "Sources" your synced content is under "TV" and your streamed content is under the "Name of Computer You Synced" with the chain icon next to it. The logic of this is the source of your synced content is actually on your TV already. Perhaps Andy didn't notice that you can click on the TV choice in the menu and thought it was just a title.

"Sync priority is given to video at all times which of course takes up the most space and may remove all those music and photos that took so long to sync over and which cannot be viewed unless synced. (That is correct, see apple notes in Import, Sync, or Stream Your Content to Apple TV) iTunes should allow you to set it to sync, for example, music, podcasts and photos and stream video. But there is no way to do this at the moment, syncing is an all or nothing kind of thing."

This is also incorrect. (the last sentence) To keep the space on my TV organized, I keep all my Movies, Music, Music Videos, Podcasts, and Photos Synced, but leave all TV shows and Anime collection (the bulk of my iTunes library) on my primary synced Mac Pro. That way I have room to grow on my TV and can still access my TV and Anime collection through streaming as I mentioned above. No need to double up on connections to the same Mac with different accounts as Andy mentioned.
Just like on an iPod, you can select exactly the type of content you want to Sync through the tabs and dropdown choices. You can even select individual Movies and TV series to sync... as well as disable Photos if you want. This is also totally different than what Andy describes in his comments. I think much of Andy's "rough edges" aren't so rough after all.

So read the whole thread relative to this post and I think you will have specific steps to try.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us