Question : Problem: Client configuration for WPA/TKIP using radius server

OK. I have a situation. One of my customers recently upgraded the wireless security from 128 bit WEP to WPA using TKIP and a radius server that authenticates against a domain. I helped them implement this. All of the office employees that use the wireless connection are fine. However, they have a couple old mobile workstations on the floor of the production environment. They are still running Windows 2000. Their old wireless cards don't have support for WPA at all. There are some Linksys WUSB54G's around, but the client doesn't offer any TKIP support. If the machines were XP I could use the windows zero configuration tool. I tried downloading and updating the laptops in question. My real question to the experts:

Is there a way to get a Windows 2000 machine to authenticate against a radius server in a domain using TKIP with the equipment I have OR do I have to get new cards for the laptops? If I need new cards, what do you recommend for WPA/TKIP with client configuration included?

Answer : Problem: Client configuration for WPA/TKIP using radius server

Check mcafee's site, they used to have a tool which you could download and use for free if you didn't require all it's functionality, and it added WPA capability to adapters that didn't support WPA. I'm not sure if they still have this tool though.

Another thing, if that isn't available anymore, is to check out wpa_supplicant. Although that is originally for Linux based systems, I think it has been ported to windows too, but it'll be more complicated to get running.

http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/

If neither of the above work, you'll have to replace the adapters.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us