Question : Problem: Identifying the correct AC adaper for an HP Scanjet 3970 scanner

I have a HP ScanJet 3970 scanner and an older scanner I got from a friend.  I only have 1 AC adapter.  I need to know which scanner it goes to.

Answer : Problem: Identifying the correct AC adaper for an HP Scanjet 3970 scanner

My fault, I assumed you had two scanners and the "right" adapter for one of them.  It looks like the adapter wasn't originally for either but would work with the Scanjet 3970 despite the small differences in the specification.

The other scanner (AS6E probably - these were badged for several manufacturers) has completely different demands for power and you shouldn't use the adapter you currently have with it.  You can almost certainly pick up a generic 110v AC to 14V 750mA adapter from somewhere like Radioshack etc, but you'll need to check the plug fitting.  If the HP adapter fits the power socket you could take them the adapter to show them what you want.  It is certainly easier than taking them the scanner.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us