Question : Problem: What is the super-secret combination to reset a Logitech wireless keyboard?

A while ago, I was having trouble getting my Logitech MX3000 wireless keyboard to connect - first it started acting up (strange input) and then it just disconnected.

I tried all the stock advice - the ususal "press the red button on the receiver, then press the red button on the keyboard..."; and also the "remove the batteries/flail on keys/discharge the capacitors" blah blah, the keyboard still wouldn't connect.

Then I found a reference to a mysterious key combination that reset the keyboard, and it worked perfectly immediately thereafter. However, I neglected to save the link, and now cannot find it for the life of me. Anyone?

Thanks

Answer : Problem: What is the super-secret combination to reset a Logitech wireless keyboard?

I think ask-metafilter may have provided me with the solution:

1.Unplug the receiver.
   2.Press the Ctrl+Alt+F12 keys on the keyboard (simultaneously).
   3.Plug the receiver back in.
   4.Press the Connect button on the receiver for 15 seconds.
   5.Wait about 10 seconds.
   6.Press and release the Connect button on the receiver.
   7.Press the Connect button on your mouse.
   8.Press and release the Connect button on the receiver.
   9.Press the Connect button on the bottom of the keyboard.

It has to do with secure mode (the keyboard is in SM, and the receiver is not, or vice versa). I discounted this earlier because the logitech posts mention "Secure Mode Wizard" popping up via SetPoint - which I have not installed due to bloat. But I suspect this may function independently of setpoint. Worth a try. I will award myself 500 points if I am correct, Ha!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us