Question : Problem: USB Host controller disabled in DELL GX520

Chaos: Unfortunately, DELL doesn't provide ps2 port for keyboard or mouse in GX520.
Story: My genx pen drive stopped working suddenly. I was worried and hit this link (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Transcend_usb_2.0_flash_drive_does_not_get_detected_when_it_got_the_features_of_plug_n_play_and_also_the_redlight_does_not_get_switched_on_when_plugged_into_the_usb_...)
So when I did first step, viz; I disabled the USB2 controller from device manager of winxp, keyboard and mouse stopped working too!
Present Scenario: I checked 3389 port via telnel protocol from the other PCs on LAN but unable to establish the remote desktop connection.
Secondly I logged in from my account on other PC, i navigated to the system32 folder of my computer through LAN tried to open devmgmt, but it says "You do not have enough security privileges to uninstall devices or to change device property or device driver."

Question-1: To enable usb2 host controller, how to?
Question-2: Is there anyway to retrieve the data from my USB flash drive by doing some magic on USB host controller and it becomes usb1? When I uninstall the USB flash drive driver and discover new hardware again, winxp displays New Hardware Found and then it saying error during installation and since so forth. Moreover, in winxp and vista both, when I plug in the hardware, it shows the safely remove hardware icon in the task bar, but when I double click the icon, the box is empty . Obviously when I remove the USB, the icon disappears, means atleast system is acknowledging that there is some device attached but..

Answer : Problem: USB Host controller disabled in DELL GX520

yes, go to device manager> usb section - check for the controller with the word "enhanced" and delete it- or try to disable it
if you delete it, it will reinstall at each reboot
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us