Question : Problem: How can I get the USB driver for Epson cx4200 to appear in Mac OSX printer option menu?

Cannot print to epson CX4200 with direct USB connect due to inability to get correct settings.
- mac osx 10.2.8, imac G5
WHAT WORKS: the scanner works fine- I can open scan application & it scans to PDF
- I can print to PDF and print to my network laser printer (except that it broke & this is my backup that I rarely print to)
WHATs WRONG:  the printer is no longer an option in my select printer menu. ( I probably removed for some reason but too long ago to remember why). To print from any application. These are my steps:
click print from any application
Then click add printer: adobe pdf 7.0 and Stylus CX4200 show up on next screen
click on  Stylus CX4200: the name and location fill in correctly . Print using 'drop down menu' is then required.
I select Epson.
A bunch of Epson printer choices come up  such as Epson Stylus CX3100- Gimp-Print v5.0.0-beta2.  But the 4200 is never one of the options.
WHAT I'VE DONE:  deleted the current driver, I went to Epson and downloaded latest driver, installed and rebooted system. I can't get 4200 to ever come up. I tried a couple of the other choices but all that prints is blank pages if I do that.

Answer : Problem: How can I get the USB driver for Epson cx4200 to appear in Mac OSX printer option menu?

PAQed with points refunded (250)

Computer101
EE Admin
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us