Question : Problem: Slowdowns and long loading times.

This question might be difficult to answer, but I'm pretty sure it's hardware related.

If I load a program for the first time it often takes a long time to load, freezing the app that executed the action.
Be it the taskbar, the firefox download window, or windows explorer. It is very noticable when using the quickstart menu in the taskbar, because it will lock up the taskbar for .1 to 15 seconds.
I run Windows XP home (fully updated). I did 7 passes of the latest memtest, without any errors. I have also checked all of my harddisks with chkdsk, and found no errors. The windows install is less than a month old. I use all the latest official drivers including mobo drivers, except for GFX drivers. I use Omega drivers for those.

Is it possible that it is caused by my motherboard?

Sometimes my event log gets completely flooded with "Event 51" 's:
Event ID - 51 - An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\D during a paging operation

My specs are: ASUS P4P800, P4 2.8, 2x512 Twinmos DDR, Radeon9800 Pro, and 3 HD's.

I've run out of ideas of what to try, and I'm thinking about just starting to buy new hardware until the problem is resolved. Thought I'd ask the experts first, because I don't really have that kind of money.

Thanks in advance,
Tjeerd Boerman

Answer : Problem: Slowdowns and long loading times.

Your 2nd hardrive is have trouble accessing. Temporariliy remove that drive and see if there is improvement in speed.

Though it may report that you can read/write data, it may be a faulty drive.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us