Question : Problem: New install of BackupExec 11d after Server Upgrade

Hi everybody
I've had a Windows Server 2003 Standard running with BackupExec 11d and everything worked fine.
Because of a Memory-Upgrade to 16GB, I had to upgrade the Server to a Server 2003 Enterprise.
Now my BackupExec Server Service is not starting anymore it is always hanging while starting up.

If I now reinstall BackupExec completely, is there a chance to either export all settings incl. policies, selection lists, jobs, media and tapelibrary config or is all this saved in the sql-database? If I connect to the same DB after installing will my settings be the same or do I have to re-setup everything?

Thanks for a quick answer (Backup is, as you can imagine, not running at the moment)
Kind regards
Marcel

Answer : Problem: New install of BackupExec 11d after Server Upgrade

hi,

seems to be an issue with the backup exec server service going corrupt. Try to set the service to run with a windows user account and check if that works.

i also see the backup exec job engine not started, try to start the same with a windows user account.

by default they are set to run with the system account.

Check the dependencies for the backup exec rpc services and compare the registry values for the backup exec service under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSetxxx\Services\

and try copy the values in the controlsetxxx if they differ from the currentcontrolset\services and do a reboot which will try to dynamically load the registry values and start the services.

try to compare the values for the security parameters

bhanu
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us