Question : Problem: How to recover backup from tape that was deleted using Symantec BU Exec 10D Quick Erase function

I am using Backup Exec 10D to backup Exchange 2003 & the Exchange mailboxes for our company.  I had made a backup many months ago to save (for legal reasons) on a LTO2 tape.  One day without thinking I deleted the tape using Backup Exec 10D Quick Erase function.  Since the tape was erased it has not been used.  I desperately need to recover the data that was backed up onto the tape.  Is there a way in Backup Exec, or a third party program that I can recover the deleted data from this tape.  I need to recover one mailbox from the tape using Backup Exec (for legal reasons).  I am afraid this might cost me my job if I cannot recover this data.

Thanks,

Bob

Answer : Problem: How to recover backup from tape that was deleted using Symantec BU Exec 10D Quick Erase function

Sorry, bad news I'm afraid.

If an LEOT (Logical End Of Tape) is written to a tape it is impossible for a standard drive to go beyond that point. It's a hardware issue, so no software can help you.

You need a data recovery bureau - get googling. Good luck, it won't be cheap.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us