Question : Problem: Anyone have hacker problems with Real VNC Enterprise and IRC Hack Tool virus?

Hello,

I've been using Real VNC Enterprise (Default Port of 5900 which is maybe the problem...) on my 2003 Servers.  All have been updated with all latest security updates and service packs.  

Have been noticing that something is making a C:\Windows\System\Programas folder which has an IRC Hacktool virus, some batch files and a reg file.   I just delete this folder and the problem is solved, but I just also removed RealVNC off all the servers thinking that is where it's coming in at but I'm not sure.

If I just change the port would that help?  To some obscure number...

We have a Sonic Wall Pro 5060 with Gateway Antivirus and the Servers either have Norton Corporate or Nod 32 Antivirus.  But somehow this folder still gets created...  I was using version 4.18 of Real VNC Enterprise, are later versions more secure?

I did just try using remote desktop, but for some reason it would not work on all the servers even if the user I was connecting as was part of the remote users group... so I used VNC and until now it's been great... no problems.

Any help or opinions on the best remote control software would be great.  I liked VNC because of it's very light system footprint and it was really fast.

Thanks!

M

Answer : Problem: Anyone have hacker problems with Real VNC Enterprise and IRC Hack Tool virus?

There was a problem with RealVNC 4.1 that allowed connections without a password.  
http://www.hackinthebox.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=20167&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

I had the exploited version running internally and on some laptops.  I have quicly replaced them.  
On servers I only use RDP.  
ON my workstations i just found this program:
http://www.vncscan.com/
It works great, deploys the VNC to desktops with all the settings you want.  Im still on the trial mode, but I am going to buy it.  
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us