Question : Problem: Problem using LogMeIn

I am having trouble using logmein as follows
I am running a test to ensure that I can contact my home desktop PC(REMOTE) from a laptop(LAPTOP) using LogMeIn. Both computers are accessing the internet through the same cable broadband connection. REMOTE is connected by Ethernet cable to the Belkin Gateway and LAPTOP by wireless.

Using LAPTOP I log in to the LogMeIn site and one computer REMOTE is shown as available. I select this and it asks for my user name and password for REMOTE. I then have a screen giving various options and I select Remote Control.

The Screen 1(see attached doc)  is displayed. At this stage it should be noted that the picture that normally is displayed in the centre of REMOTEs screen has been removed and despite REMOTE having been running for sometime it appears to rerun at least some of the start up programs again.

If I click on Continue the Screen 2 followed by Screen 3 appear and REMOTE locks up completely and can only be restarted by switching off the power. When you do this the desktop continues to be displayed minus the picture.

Can you suggest where the problem lies?

Answer : Problem: Problem using LogMeIn

I managed to contact LogMeIn support who suggested I disabled the Mirror Display Driver on the preferences for REMOTE held on my LogMeIn account and bingo this fixed it. Many thanks RobWil for your interest in my problem.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us