Question : Problem: Microphone won't work

I am giving all my points away for this one folks I hope you experts can help, this won't be easy...I am trying to get my microphone to work so I can record a voice message it just won't work tried testing it with sound recorder and other applications but it still won't work. I am using the troublesome Boston Acoustic Digital BA 735 speakers which will only play any sound  only if you go to the Advanced Playback controls and check (Digital Output only) I have done numerous troubleshooting steps including uninstalling and reinstalling the sound card (Sound Blaster Audigy) and drivers, physically removing card and placing it back, changing mics. The
mics work on my other machines. There are updated drivers but when I try to install them (SBAX_WBUP2_LB_2_09_0016) I get an error message ("Set up is unable to detect a supported
product on your system. Please ensure that your product is properly installed before running this setup program") All of my settings should be correct volume is not muted nor is Microphone in playback controls, I am very frustrated, I think this will be a challenged to whomever tries and tackles this.

My specs are...

Operating Sysytem: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

Processor: 3.20 gigahertz Intel Celeron
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache

MotherBoard: Board: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-7104 20A
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz

BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 01/25/2006

Multimedia: Sound Blaster Audigy Model # SBO570

RAM: 1024 MB
Slot 'A0' has 512 MB
Slot 'A1' has 512 MB

Drives: c: (NTFS on drive 0) 80.02 GB 53.17 GB free
d: (FAT32 on drive 1) 60.01 GB 45.21 GB free

Answer : Problem: Microphone won't work

that you sound card works normally - for analog - but you do nothave the " connection with Creative Digital I/O Module"  which probably gives you the mike input (check it before buying)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us