Question : Problem: Can I remotely restart a Logmein-controlled machine and be sure I can remotely log in again?

I use Logmein regularly to remotely work on my home machine from various machines when traveling. The app I use most is Outlook, especially when I need to work on and send files on the remote system. Unfortunately, Outlook has hit a snag (for some reason, it hangs when I let Outlook automatically insert more than one email from my address book, but that's another question).  I know that if I kill the process completely, it can come back--albeit after a long "Checking folders because Outlook wasn't stopped normally" message. But in this case, when I kill the process (actually two processes), it keeps coming back. And with that apparently bad process going, Outlook cannot restart. So I then killed the all the processes for other apps that I think talk to Outlook (WinCE sync, etc.), but it doesn't help. The Outlook process comes back on its own after 10 seconds or so.

So now I think it is time to reboot the remote machine. HOWEVER, does this work? I've always been logged in to the remote machine before beginning my travels. Does the remote "answer" side of Logmein need to startup only when I log in or does it start up automatically BEFORE anyone on the remote side logs in? I have this fear that I'll successfully reboot the remote system and then lose remote contact until I get home and log in.

Assuming I CAN do a restart and then get back in all remotely, should I use the restart functions inside of Logmein or just do a normal restart under the Start menu of the remote machine?  Thanks.

Answer : Problem: Can I remotely restart a Logmein-controlled machine and be sure I can remotely log in again?

Yeah I use the remote machines Start>> Restart
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us