Question : Problem: How do I Replace RAID motherboard without damaging the data?

I have a;

INTEL BOXDP35DPM Intel P35 Core 2 Quad Socket 775 1333MHz PC2-6400 (DDR2-800) ATX Motherboard

With a;
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Quad-Core Processor 2.4GHz, 1066FSB, LGA775, 8MB cache

With 2 Gig of DDR2-800 RAM

The 2 drives are;
SEAGATE ST3500320NS 500GB SATA

Here is the issue...

I do not remember how I set up the raid originally.

I think I set it up as a mirror but I also may have...
Drive 0 Partition 0 mirrored to Drive 1 Partition 0
Drive 0 Partition 1 mirrored to Drive 1 Partition 1

The motherboard, CPU and RAM are toast (thanks to a failed fan in a Corsair CWCN500 Nautilus 500 Water Cooling Kit)

I am replacing the motherboard and CPU with same make and model as what was damaged.
I am upgrading the RAM to the Corsair Dominator 4 Gig (2x2048) from the Corsair Dominator 2 Gig (2x1024)

How can I replace the motherboard, CPU and RAM, Configure the RAID on the main board and not touch the data don the drives?

The data is critical data as the only backup prior the failure was damaged in a hurricane (offsite backup building was destroyed)

NOTE:
The primary OS is Windows server 2003 standard with VMWare running 3 more instances of Windows 2003 server standard and one instance of Umbuntu server

Answer : Problem: How do I Replace RAID motherboard without damaging the data?

Usually the drives store a copy of the configuration.  On hardware RAID setups the config is stored both in the controller and on the disks, if there is a mismatch the controller will ask which configuration you want to load.  On on-board RAID the configuration should be on the drives also,

If it was RAID1 and the data was important to you I would take a single drive and back it up to something else (or someone else's computer temporarily).  If you select the wrong setting trying to resync the array you could easily lose the data.   If it was RAID0 then your data is toast, more than likely.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us