Question : Problem: DMI Pool

I have a Pent II 266 / 64megs RAM... I put '95 on my system
and went to put NT 4.0 on also.  During the NT install it
needed to reboot to complete the installation (NT said it would disable my current boot partition but I can make it active after NT finishes it's install).  During the restart my PC never got past "Varifying DMI Pool..." message.  I think I want to skip this sequence if possiable.  I didn't see an option in my CMOS setup to disable this.  Okay, WHAT is DMI and how do I get around or disable it so I can continue my NT install?  

Answer : Problem: DMI Pool

DMI stands for Desktop Management Interface and is required by NT, therefore there's no deleting it. This will help you install your NT Workstation, presuming that you have sufficient room on your hard drive.

1. Disable all forms of antivirus protection.

2. Go into your Bios/Cmos setup and disable plug and play as the OS. In essence, change your Cmos setup from Plug and Play aware OS to Non-plug and play.

3. Run scandisk in thorough mode then defrag.

4. Presuming there are no errors, use your Ctrl  Alt  and Del keys and open the Close Programs dialogue box and close all running applications except for Systray (if applicable) and Explorer.

5. Insert the NT CD and install NT Workstation.

6. Finish the setup, including any dual-boot features you want. You cannot go back to a PnP aware OS in the Bios.

If you need more, just ask!

Dennis
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us