Question : Problem: Replace LCD - Mac Powerbook G4 17inch Silver

I have an almost new Mac Powerbook G4 17 inch Silver Laptop. The original owner tried to pry open the LCD instead of using the release button. The laptop works if I plug in an external monitor, but the built-in LCD does not. I ordered a new 17in LCD screen. However, when it came, it is actually only the screen and not the panel around the screen. I have instructions for removing the display panel from the laptop and that is done. However, I need to take apart the panel so that I can replace the LCD component. This is for a christmas present for my wife so this is very important to me and I need this information quickly.

I am looking for someone to point me in the direction of detailed instructions of how to remove the LCD from the display panel of this model laptop. I already have the panel removed from the laptop itself.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Answer : Problem: Replace LCD - Mac Powerbook G4 17inch Silver

Ya, Im not sure why this info was not in the 17" manual but it is in the macbook-pro.pdf so that is strange it was left out of that guide. Here is the link to the macbook-pro.pdf file which also has the instructions for getting the lcd out of a macbook-pro ;) Its different from the g4 but on my 17 MBP i have the scews on the bottom as well and they llok very similiar. Just a little thicker with the iSight camera up top:

http://shadowlands.org/~adep/files/macbook-pro.pdf
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us