Question : Problem: Dropping wireless connection Windows Vista

I have been fighting a wireless networking problem that is starting to get the better of me.  I am in a single floor medical building with 4 pods of exam rooms.  In the center of each pod is a Cisco 1130 AG aironet access point.  The tablets are all Toshiba EZ5031 Windows Vista business edition.

What is happening is that tablets will get intermittently disconnected from the Cisco access point.  It will not reconnect no matter how hard you try unless you go into device manager and disable the wifi card and re-enable it.  Or restart the machine all together.  It is driving everyone crazy because vista is so so so slow to reboot.  If  you try to repair the connection it just won't work.  Even with the access point directly above your head just a few feet away!

I am wondering if I have a Vista / tablet problem?  I have tried antenna placement, band, frequency, using A or G wireless "A" was much worse.  I just need some direction on where to go.  

Answer : Problem: Dropping wireless connection Windows Vista

It sounds like you have a driver problem and I would suspect Vista.  Most of my cleints are still insisting that all new systems come in as XP instead of Vista because of numerous incompatibilities.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us