Question : Problem: IPOD 30gb Won't turn off and just says "Do not disconnect".  I'm not even connected.

I have an Ipod 30GB Streaming video version.

The only thing it does is light up and say do not disconnect.  I can't power it up and my computer pops up a bubble in the right corner saying it does not recognize the USB I have just connected.

What can I do?

Thanks all.

Answer : Problem: IPOD 30gb Won't turn off and just says "Do not disconnect".  I'm not even connected.

Alright.  You should replace the battery at the same time when you do this.  I have had more luck with that.  
When you take your iPod apart (you can get a procedure here www.ifixit.com), Change the battery now if you want to.  Alright with your HDD facing up in the iPod, take a business card and cut width ways about 3/4 inch strip.  Take this strip and fold in half. This is be placed on the center circle (you can hold it in plce with a dab of super glue or tape) of the HDD.  Now carefully close your iPod back up.  This will cause pressure on you HDD to hopefully make it work. This is only a bandade to help a failing HDD.  There is now guarantee on how long it will last but it will get you by.

Chris
The Pod Drop
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us