Question : Problem: Mobile computing - swapping from T mobile to O2

Hi Experts,
I have a sony laptop which has an internal holder for a simm card which can be used for mobile computing.  However the laptop arrived with T mobile softare to drive a T mobile simm card.  However I have an O2 simm card and contract that I would like to use instead.

Does anyone know if this is possible?  If so how can this be achieved?

Many thanks, Rob

Answer : Problem: Mobile computing - swapping from T mobile to O2

Hi Rob,

I can see from things I've read that some of these are not permanently SIM-locked. Specifically I was reading about the Orange and Fujitsu-Siemens partnership, although there is no info on how to get it done, and it's not clear whether other parternerships between mobiel broadband providers and laptop manufacturers.

I'm afraid the best way to find out would be to contact O2 themselves, and ask the question. They may say it's permanently locked to their network, or they may be able to provide you with a simple unlocking code to make it work with SIMs from other networks.

If it's unlockable, you should be able to obtain the software required easily enough from the network provider themselves...

Or of course you can wait on the chance that one of the other experts on here has had personal experience with this and has already been through the process... :)

Pete
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us