Question : Problem: blue screen crashes linked with video card use

I having a number of blue screens all connected with using graphics - playing a DVD, children playing simple on line games, even when accessing ebay. No problems with email programs, word processing etc. Accessing the internet ok if not heavy graphics.
Blue screen messages vary but have had " Driver IRQL not less" etc a couple of times as well as a simple STOP.
Files indicated as causing a problem include:
win32K.sys
Nfts.sys
ati2cqag.dll (this relates to my Radeon video card.x1300

When I tried to update drivers on the video card it failed and I got an error message saying that some of the files had changed and to rieinstall ll them from windows disk. I plan now to enter in safe mode and install the original Radeon drivers for the card and then try reinstalling the updated drivers.

I have tried adjusting my page file settings - one suggestion on the net - and it is now left to be decided by windows rather being set for any value. Hasn't made any difference

System details
dual core pentium E6400
windows xp SP2
2 gig of DDR2 RAM (one of cards is relatively new and I've seen that RAM can be involved in these issues but system otherwise is very stable so I haven't tried taking out the new one or swapping them over.

If you have any other suggestions other than the graphics drivers I'd be very grateful
I also have several minidump files on my machine from the crashes, would it be useful to attach them? Do you accept attachments?

Regards

Jerome

Answer : Problem: blue screen crashes linked with video card use

Dr watson is fine.....
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us