Question : Problem: Exchange 2003 & Blackberry Public Folder (Calendar) sync.

We are using Exchange 2003. We have blackberries too.  We use to be able to sync the blackberries to a public calendar in which only one person had OWNER rights to (all other users were setup w/ Permission Level of REVIEWER only.  After operating like this for nearly a year, the blackberry sync process began to fail by aborting half way through the sync process.  Once we changed these user's permission level to OWNER it was fixed.  I need to get everyone back to REVIEWER status b/c they're now making global changes which are not acceptable to the organization.  

Any advice on what's happening here and how I can get this to work like it once did?

Thanks...Don

Answer : Problem: Exchange 2003 & Blackberry Public Folder (Calendar) sync.

Wireless Sync has been removed from the latest BES version but cabled sync still works fine.  Issues like you are having are normally caused by these reviewer users making changes to the calendar on their BlackBerry.  What may be happening is these items are trying to sync back to the public calendar to which they don't have permission.  I would ensure that Desktop Manager is set to only sync one way e.g. Public folder to device only.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us