Question : Problem: 5200C: scanner currently being access by another application

I installed my 5200c scanner (USB) several times.  Each time after install it works fine for several scans until I power down or reboot.  After I reboot and try to either scan or test the scanner I get the following message: "Sorry, cannot access your scanner.  Your scanner is currently being accessed by another application.  Please wait for the other application to finish or close it to allow this application access."  There are no other applications open.  There seems to be no problems in device manager.  I have also downloaded the HP patch sj435en.exe and installed it.  None of this worked so far.  I have run USB diagnostics and the USB checks out fine.  What do you recommend?

Answer : Problem: 5200C: scanner currently being access by another application

1. uninstall the scanner then reboot windows (if you have norton anti virus go into it disable autop protect and reboot) once in windows hit ctrl,alt,delete and end task everything except for explorer and systray then reinstall the scanner

if that did not work try the following

Check in the System Configuration Utility for StillImageMonitor and place a checkmark in the box next to StillImageMonitor by following these steps:

From the Windows 98 Desktop click Start and then Run.
Type msconfig in the dialogue box and press enter.
Select the Startup tab and make sure there is a check mark in the box next to StillImageMonitor. If StillImageMonitor is not here skip step 5.
Exit the System Configuration Utility screen.
Restart the PC.
If StillImageMonitor is not present in the Startup tab, follow these steps:

Right-click the My Computer icon, select properties, then Device Manager.
Look for the Scanners and Cameras entry and click the plus (+) sign.
Highlight the HP ScanJet 3300C entry and click Remove saying yes to the removal warning.
Insert the HP Scanning Software CD in the CD-ROM drive then click Refresh.
Windows will install the necessary software.
Reboot the PC.    

or

The HP ScanJet 3300C scanner ships with HP PrecisionScan LT 3.0c. Verify which version is being used:

Open PrecisionScan LT.
Choose the Help menu About HP PrecisionScan LT.
In the About HP PrecisionScan LT window, version 3.0c should show.
If this is true, verify the version of the file, hp3300t.dll:

Click Start, Find, and then Files and Folders.
In the Named Field type hp3300t.dll.
Right-click the file, choose Properties.
Choose the Version tab at the top of the Properties window.
If the version is 5.3.99.0, it is the original version that came with the scanner.
Download the patch, SJ509MU.EXE, from the HP ScanJet Web site. Power-cycle the scanner, reboot the computer and try to scan again. Click here for a link to the download.

if that does not work then try the following things

1. If you have had any previous scanners or digital camera's completely uninstall them

2. Go into your bios and try turning off powersaver mode

3. Go into your bios and check your parallel port mode make sure it is set to ecp.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us