Question : Problem: BackUp Exec 10d SQL DB File Errors on nightly Full Backup

I am running Small Business Server 2003 SP2 with Symantec BackupExec 10d.  I have been getting a number of errors regarding SQL files being skipped during the nightly full backup.  This is a fairly small shop, so I don't bother with incrementals or differentials.  These errors have actually existed for quite a while, but I've only become concerned more recently because of more potential use of SharePoint Services, etc.  My Exchange mail store is on another volume and but for a few minor problems, that seems to be backing up properly.  But, once I get this issue understood and resolved, I do need to look more closely at the mailstore health.  Below are the specific error lines from a typical nighly backup.  These errors confuse me because the configuratin of SBS uses two instances of MSDE to support SBS monitoring and the default SharePoint Services 2.0.  At least this is how it reads in the Add/Remove Programs list.  I did not build this system and don't know a lot about the special tweeks for SBS; I just know that it is a heavily tweeked OS to support all the services.  Anyway, do these file names and locations make sense for a default configuration of SBS 2K3?  If so, how do I I correct these problems?
Code Snippet:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\master.mdf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\mastlog.ldf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\model.mdf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\modellog.ldf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\msdbdata.mdf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\msdblog.ldf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\SharePoint_AdminContent_fbf084dc-169c-451e-96df-e6fdcdb0f9dd.mdf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\SharePoint_AdminContent_fbf084dc-169c-451e-96df-e6fdcdb0f9dd_log.LDF - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\SharePoint_Config_3deb37aa-c40f-4d6b-88c3-8bea25b04d48.mdf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\SharePoint_Config_3deb37aa-c40f-4d6b-88c3-8bea25b04d48_log.LDF - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\tempdb.mdf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\templog.ldf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\WSS_Content.mdf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\WSS_Content_log.LDF - skipped.
Open in New Window Select All

Answer : Problem: BackUp Exec 10d SQL DB File Errors on nightly Full Backup

Do you have a open file option (OFO) or Advanced OFO setup on the backup?

These files are in use that that is the reason they are not getting backed up

To check AOFO/OFO open your backup job and go to Advanced Open file under properties (on the left).
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us