Question : Problem: dell 755 frozen in sleep mode

I have a situation where we have LANDesk in place for management.  Recently, we pushed a policy using the built in Power Management tools where the system would go into screensaver mode after 15 minutes and then sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity.  The problem is, when the computer sleeps during the day, it will wake up without a problem.  However, if the machine sleeps overnight, the user will have to cycle the power to get it to come back.

The LANDesk administrator states that there are no reoccurring jobs that happen overnight.

The affected computers are a mixture of Dell 620/745/755s running XP.  I haven't had anyone running Vista mention they're having a problem, but that could be a red herring since I don't have that many Vista machines deployed..  The BIOSs have been updated to their current levels and some have had their NIC drivers patched to the latest from Dell.

In the BIOS: Wake state has been set to S1.  Wake on LAN has been set to On.

Answer : Problem: dell 755 frozen in sleep mode

I've seen this issue before. Open network connections properties. Then open Properties for Local Area Connection or whatever you main LAN conncetion is named. Click on the Configure button. There should be a Power Management tab, click it. You should see a couple of check boxes. Most likely the one for "Allow the computer to turn off...to save power." is checked. And the second one "Allow...out of standby" is not checked. Check the second, leave the third "Only allow management...out of standby." UNCHECKED. Then Uncheck the first "Allow the computer to turn off...to save power."  This should correct this problem.

Krompton
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us