Question : Problem: Internet Connection through the Pocket PC docking cradle

Before I get stuck into the documentation.....

I've only received the machine today, but I want to know, can I acccess the internet from my Pocket PC through my desktops internet connection thorugh the Docking Cradle?

This is a Dell Axim, running Pocket OC

The reason, is that I hope to create  a system that allows input away from the computer, that gets it's information from the internet. I know most people will have a wireless card installed, but I havve to go with the least common denomintaor, those who only have the machine with noneof the bells and whistles.

Thanks

M

Answer : Problem: Internet Connection through the Pocket PC docking cradle

ActiveSync 3.5 and later supports "Pass Through" which is exactly what you describe. To enable it, open ActiveSync, click options, go to the rules tab and select the connection. (should be The Internet, it matches up with the settings on your pocket pc either Work or The Internet) If you use proxy settings on your desktop then you need to set that up on your Pocket PC. Tap start, settings, Connections, Top Connections and m for "Internet" to your appropriate proxy settings if needed.

Now it should work. Make sure your desktop is connected to the internet and try browsing, or use msn messenger. If that doesnt work post back here and we will see what we can do.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us