Question : Problem: Wirelss Internet Sharing Across the street

I wanted to know if someone can help me set up a intenet sharing harware shopping list for this:

- I have two stores, one across the street from the other
- One store has a high speed internet connection
- I need the hardware to wirrelessy allow the store with no internet connection to be able to use the internet connection of the fisr store
- Basically I need to network two locations across the street from each other wirelessly
- I was told about probablic antenas and directional antennas
- I need to knwo what equipentm to buy (on the cheap) and where to buy it from (also cheaply)
- How to set it up and make it work

Many Thanks
(after project is done and working I would give a bonus 500 points for your help)

Answer : Problem: Wirelss Internet Sharing Across the street

What you need here is what is termed a WIRELESS BRIDGE.  Many of the wireless access points on the market today will operate in "bridge mode" and I've done this a numper of times using the relatively common and inexpensive LinkSys WAP11:

http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=35&prid=501

You'll need TWO of these and if you can locate the two of them appropriately, you may not need an extra antenna at all.  If you have a clear line-of-sight between the two units, you can often get 500 ft. or more of decent performance.  The other nice thing about these WAP11 units is that they have standard antenna connectors so that if you do need to use a gain antenna, you can quickly and easily hook one up.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us