Question : Problem: HP 6210 printer, 2003 Term Server, driver clarification

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hardware/Peripherals/Printers_Scanners/HP/Q_22015098.html

I need some clarification on this.  I have the same situation:  my remote user logs into our Server 2003 TS to work and she has a 6210 at home.  I have her connected to her local printer at login.

In the Printer/Faxes is where I'm a little lost.  If I add a printer here using the 990c driver, what port do I assign it to?  By default, newly added printers get put on LPT1.  When I added the 990 on LPT1, my user was uable to print to it.  However, if after the print job was submitted, I then logged in and assigned the printer to one of her TS ports, the print jobs went thru.  Of course I don't want to have to do this every time she logs in.

So, when I add this 990C to my printer/faxes control panel, what steps do i follow so that my remote users 6210 will print in her session?

Thanks

Cliff

Answer : Problem: HP 6210 printer, 2003 Term Server, driver clarification

That is correct.  Simply install a HP 6210 on the TS as LPT1, that will install the drivers.  When she logs on, that printer driver will be added to her profile and mapped to her local printer.  I don't know about it being the exact same driver as her local install, haven't run into that one yet on my network.  I would just try it with the latest driver from HP and not worry about it yet.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us