Question : Problem: Receiving I/O error message when trying to open .pdf files from dvd/cd rom drive

Our company is trying to move some of our users onto thin client computers (chip pc) using terminal services.  I have enabled mapping from local machine to RDP session and installed all of the most current firmware/plugins from Chip Pc.  However...when we try to open pdf files from the usb cdrom (within the rdp session), we receive an I/O error message.  This only pertains to .pdf files on a disk.  We can open .pdf files from a mapped drive and usb flash drive, and all other files on disk seem to open just fine.  We have tried these files with this cd rom on other pcs in the office and no problems there either.

I have communicated with Chip PC many times and they don't really have an answer.  I've tried another thin client right out of the box (also chip pc) and the same thing happened.

Answer : Problem: Receiving I/O error message when trying to open .pdf files from dvd/cd rom drive

I actually finally received a solution for this problem from the manufacturer, ChipPC.  The pcs they sent me had an older version of Windows CE - they sent me a test pc with Windows CE 6.0 and it works fine.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us