Question : Problem: Need help with Ghost Solution Suite 1.1

Hi,

I am having problems trying to pull an image from a client workstation.  Initally I was able to install the client remotely to a Windows XP Pro system SP3 but the step to Virtual partition failed.  I then found within this same forum a fix, which was to set the Bios to PXE boot.  This got me past the step for partition failing.  It then stopped at step clone.  The error file revealed that the ghost was not registered however the Ghost Console was registered with a valid activation code.  I then tried to uninstall the client on the workstation that I was trying to create an image of and then re-install remotely.  Now the remote install is failing.  I then tried to install the client from the cd but again failed.  First of all can someone tell me how to completely remove the Ghost client from the workstation I was trying to image so that I can cleanly re-install, and secondly can someone tell me step by step how to create this image?  

I have the Ghost console installed on my workstation and was trying to create the image of the other workstation on my hard drive or a network server.  My system is also a Windows XP Pro SP3 system and the server I was trying to save the image to is a Windows 2000 server with SP4.

Any help would be appreciated.

Answer : Problem: Need help with Ghost Solution Suite 1.1

1) Do you have more than 3 primary partitions on the Servers boot hard drive ?
If yes, then you can not install the Ghost client, since it needs to create a partition also.

2) FIle, printer sharing on.
Did you check the log for the remote install. It usually provides info on why it could not install.

Worst case, create a Ghost bootable network CD, and use that to backup the server, then try to get the remote client installed, after you have at least 1 full backup.

I hope this helps !
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us